Chicken can become boring. I’ve been trying to change it up here and there. In the future I will post more chicken recipes once I re-make them. (Jalapeno popper chicken breasts, fried panko chicken, rosemary chicken). I have also been trying to use lean ground chicken instead of plain old chicken breasts because again–boring after awhile.
One night I decided to be creative and make mini chicken meatloaves with mashed sweet potatoes.
This is the worst part about ground meat. Touching it makes me queasy. But I pulled through, my friends, I sure did. I mixed it with eggs, panko breadcrumbs, and bbq sauce. Nasty. But worth it in the end.
- 1 package of ground chicken (or beef, pork, or turkey)
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used PC Apple Butter sauce)
- 1/2 cup or so of BBQ sauce to top meatloaves
Preheat the oven to 375. Mix the ground meat in a big bowl with egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, and 1/2 cup of bbq sauce. Try not to be too disgusted, it feels awful. Once mixed, scoop into a muffin tin, distributing the ground meat evenly. Pat down with a spoon (or your hands). Spoon a bit of BBQ sauce onto each mini meatloaf. Put the pan in the oven and let them cook for 30-35 minutes.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup of cream (I use fat free)